Kobalt Launches the First App to Give Music Creators True Transparency and Insight into Their Data
Kobalt, the world’s leading music services company, today announced the release of the Kobalt App, available to all Kobalt Music Publishing clients for download on iOS devices. The Kobalt App raises the bar for transparency by putting powerful, real-time data into the hands of artists and songwriters.
The Kobalt App revolutionizes the way creators can access their earnings, on-the-go. For the first time, creators will be able to view all their rights globally and see how each song, by right type, directly translates into income.
“This connection between a creator’s works and their income is the first of its kind,” said Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt Founder and CEO. “It’s a fundamental shift in the relationship between rights owners and their data. Imagine how that will influence their decisions, shape their perspectives on the industry and streaming, empowering them with the facts. I believe this will have an enormous impact on the future of music - out of the dark ages, full access, in real time. All in one app. The revolution continues!”
Similar to Kobalt’s award winning desktop Portal, the Kobalt App is a window into Kobalt’s powerful tech platform, collecting more money, faster for its clients than any other music publisher. A recent comparison of six Top 100 songs, each administered 50% by Kobalt and 50% by one of the major publishers, affirms that Kobalt collects 20-40% more for its clients, significantly faster. Furthermore, this uplift does not include the additional increase that Kobalt is forecasting from AMRA, as early figures showed last week a 28% uplift in Spotify and YouTube revenues within a single quarter since AMRA began administering Kobalt’s catalog in Europe.
“Putting the power of Kobalt into the hands of creators has always been a top priority for me. Today’s music creators deserve the same transparent, on-demand access to their data that most other industries already have. The Kobalt App is a giant step toward delivering that for our clients,” said Ahdritz. “The feedback we are getting from our clients is incredible - no one has seen anything like this before! This is the only app that delivers true transparency for creators.”
Kobalt client Gary Go (artist, producer and songwriter for Rihanna, Skrillex, Steve Angello, Benny Benassi) said, "As a songwriter and independent publisher, this app is a dream utility. If I could have only one app on my phone, it would be the Mail app — but if I could have two, the second would be the Kobalt app!"
Jonny Quinn of Snow Patrol and music publisher, Polar Patrol stated, "As a fan of the Kobalt Portal, the new app is stunning. At a glance, its real time info with artwork and simple to use. It gives you all the song details you need in seconds. The synch tracking and updates are killer!"
Key features of the Kobalt App include:
● Music Feed: Kobalt clients can scroll through their top 100 music earnings at a glance, or explore by quarter, right type and territory. With daily updates, they will always have the latest income and activity data from all publishing sources, including Spotify, YouTube, Apple Music, Pandora, and many more.
● News: Creators can stay up to date on industry news and important account updates from Kobalt, including real-time synch activity, payments, registration, and much more.
● YouTube: Clients can track where and how their music is being used on YouTube. Whether it’s an official video, a cover song, or a viral sensation, creators will know exactly how many views Kobalt is monetizing.
● Financials: Creators can see the money they’re making in real time, and break down income by top earning works, right type, or country. They can also compare financial data across previous quarters, and find out when their statements are due.
● Synch: From pitch to payment, clients can keep track of every synch opportunity around the world. They can favorite the synch opportunities they want to follow closely, or tap to explore more details.
The Kobalt App is free to use for Kobalt Publishing Clients, and is available in countries where the the Apple App Store operates, starting May 18th. The Android version of the Kobalt App is planned for release in the near future.
To download the Kobalt App, please visit http://koba.lt/KobaltApp. To learn more about the Kobalt App, please visit http://kobaltmusic.com/app.